I told her most of the time it’s because of kids being bullied.
She said not many people get bullied that she sees.
You don’t have to see it for it to be happening.
I want to show her something.
Reblog if you’ve ever been bullied.
If you were ever called fat, ugly, a hoe, slut, bitch, anything that hurt you.
If you were ever shoved around.
Made fun of for being yourself.
Anything to hurt you.
Why don’t wealthy businessmen need to pay as much or more in taxes as I, a struggling student, do?
How long are we going to persecute people because we don’t agree with what they’re attracted to?
Why can’t we just let women do whatever the fuck they want?
Why are we so insistent to preserve time-honored family values like hate and prejudice and dodging blame?
How is this not common sense yet!?
People are doing an awful lot of explaining but I’m still not hearing any answers…
It’s 2012, get with it.
I don’t hate anyone. That’s why I believe that everyone has the right to live.
I am not against abortion because I am trying to take away rights from women. It was never a right of women to decide who gets to live.
Again, I am not trying to take away rights from women. When will abortion supporters understand this?
That’s why I believe that everyone has the right to live.
It was never a right of women to decide who gets to live.
Wow it scares me you can’t see the misogyny here. Let me repeat back to you what you literally just said: YOUR opinion on who gets to live is valid, but women’s opinions aren’t.
And that is exactly the problem: outside parties deciding they know better and that women cannot make the choice what to do with ourselves or our lives. That’s dehumanizing a woman and pregnancy entirely, and making it into forced labor rather than a gift that a woman chooses for herself when she is ready.
- Idiot: Legalizing gay marriage will destroy the sanctity of traditional marriage.
- Intelligent person: Well, what about divorce? Doesn't divorce destroy the sanctity of traditional marriage as well? If so, why aren't you against divorce? What about people like Kim Kardashian who get married for three months and then get divorced? Should we ban her from ever getting married again? I didn't think so.
- Idiot: Legalizing gay marriage will open the doors to other types of marriage, like being able to marry your dog, family member, or several people at once.
- Intelligent person: People thought the same thing about interracial marriage and it's been legal for quite some time now. I don't recall any doors being opened to interspecies marriage because of interracial marriage. Furthermore, there are several states that allow you to marry your first cousin and I believe that door was opened by traditional marriage, not gay marriage.
- Idiot: Legalizing gay marriage will redefine the word "marriage".
- Intelligent person: Words are redefined every day and people don't seem to mind. If they redefined the word "marker", would you protest it because "marker" has had a set definition for years? Switching around a few words so that same-sex couples are included in the definition cannot and will not affect your existing marriage in any way, shape, or form.
- Idiot: Marriage is about reproducing. Two people of the same sex cannot reproduce.
- Intelligent person: What about sterile men and infertile women? They're still allowed to get married. Why not ban that as well? And if you want to get technical, gay couples can reproduce via a surrogate, but that's probably a little too technical for you, Mr. Idiot.
- Idiot: Legalizing gay marriage will devalue existing traditional marriages.
- Intelligent person: If two total strangers living several hundred miles away from you getting married affects your marriage somehow, then I don't think your marriage was that strong to begin with.
- Idiot: The Bible states that marriage is between a man and a woman.
- Intelligent person: The Bible says a lot of things, but this country is not governed by what the Bible says. This country is governed by what the Constitution says and the first amendment states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
- Idiot: Marriage and family go hand-in-hand. In order to properly raise a child, the child must have a mother and a father. If we legalize gay marriage and same-sex couples raise children, the children will grow up confused.
- Intelligent person: A child does not need to have both a mother and a father in order to grow up secure and successful. If you don't believe me, you can visit the man who lives in the White House. As for same-sex couples raising children, several scientific studies have concluded that being raised by same-sex parents does not affect a child's self-esteem, gender identity, or emotional health.
- Idiot: Gay marriage is against my religious belief and as an American I reserve the right to religious freedom.
- Intelligent person: Really? Gays getting married will not take your religious freedom away. You're allowed to believe in whatever you want, but you're not allowed to try and impose your beliefs on me by trying to take my rights away. That is not religious freedom.
- I've had this conversation with my mother, and even though she admits she doesn't know why exactly the Bible and other religious things she goes by imply that gay marriage is "wrong", she still stands by it. Despite having gay friends and claiming she thinks they should have rights too. I don't. Even.
- The whole "marriage is a religious institution" thing bugs the hell out of me. Newsflash: NO IT'S NOT. This argument is a complete strawman that simply does not hold up under scrutiny, so it annoys me so much that it's still used.
- First off, marriage was not created by the Church. Like many things, it was simply absorbed by it. The ceremony might be held in a church, but it does not make it a religious right. Atheists are allowed to get married, so why is this argument so prominent even today?
- Second off, there are legal ramifications of marriage that are not afforded by domestic partnership. Besides, why is it not good enough for straight couples who want to get hitched, but it's expected to be enough for same-sex couples? So many double standards, I do not even.
- Simply put, there's no real reason why same-sex marriage is not legal all across the board yet. And it frustrates the hell out of me full-grown adults refuse to see any viewpoint other than their own on the subject, even if it's full of contradictions.
((These side effects will occur if you try and dilute anything with anything, it’s 1st grade science u kno))
Man I just love seeing derpy interactions between the trolls. There should be so much more of it!
There is a school that is currently BANNING the Day of Silence and the use of any LGBTQ words in announcements. In case you were wondering, this is indeed illegal.
Stop this by signing the petition here!
Sign and reblog the shit out of this, please.